Nonnabox.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Well, that didn’t take us long. We spoke a while back about the best authentic Italian Tiramisu recipe –and we lied. Sort of. While The first one had the zabaione surprise, while this this one is a bit more uncommon–it’s a pistachio tiramisu recipe!
And why not? It’s green! It’s even festive, we might add, thus making it a perfect Christmas season dessert. Not that Tiramisu isn’t perfect for any season anyway. Very much like Cannoli, you don’t need a reason to prepare an authentic Italian Tiramisu recipe. You just print it out and go to your kitchen…and then enjoy, before everybody else storms in to grab a slice. After all, the unmistakable aroma of coffee is an instant invitation to grab a dessert spoon. And pistachios, apart from the intense green color, give a distinctive flavor even when combined with this classic dessert. Curious to see just how unique the taste is?
Without further ado…
Pistachio Tiramisu Recipe
- 40 g Pistachios
- 20 g Sesame oil
- 40 g Egg yolks approx. 2 eggs
- 80 g Sugar
- 30 ml Water
- 300 g Mascarpone
- 8 Ladyfingers
- Plain cocoa powder as needed
- 70 g Coffee
- 30 ml Water at room temperature
- 10 g pistachios Chopped
- To prepare this pistachio Tiramisu recipe, you first place the pistachios in a mixer, until they turn into a powder. Pour the sesame oil little by little and continue to whisk until the texture becomes creamy. It is important to add the sesame oil little by little until achieving a creamy consistency. If you don’t have sesame oil available, you can use sunflower oil as well.
- Prepare coffee with a coffee maker and let it cool.
- Pour water in a saucepan with a thick bottom, and boil it with sugar. It’s recommended to monitor the temperature using a food thermometer, because when the temperature reaches 115 °C (239 F), start to beat the egg yolks using a mixer.
- When the syrup reaches 121 °C (249.8 F), remove the saucepan from heat and pour it into the bowl where you placed your egg yolks. Continue beating at low speed, until the mixture has cooled, and has a clear and foamy texture. It will take about 10-12 minutes for the syrup to cool. At this point add the mascarpone cheese and continue beating the egg yolks with the other ingredients.
- Finally, add the pistachio cream, while still mixing all the other ingredients in the bowl, otherwise they won’t blend properly.
- Divide the ladyfingers in half.
- Pour the coffee from the coffee maker in a wide bowl, then temper it with 30 ml of water at room temperature.
- Use 4 cups of 140 ml to serve the tiramisu. Use a pastry bag to create a first layer of cream.
- Dip the two halves of ladyfingers in the coffee mix, then put them inside the cup, over the first layer.
- For the second layer, continue adding the cream with the pastry bag. Sprinkle the surface with cocoa powder, then add another layer of ladyfingers, followed by another layer of cream.
- Finish it off by sprinkling it with cocoa powder and chopped pistachios.
- The dessert needs to be kept in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.