Nonnabox.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Another filling risotto dish you should try: Risotto with salmon.
According to nutrition experts, salmon is one of the sea foods you should definitely be eating more of. Why? Because it does not only make your dishes richer, it’s also packed full of so many health benefits that health nuts the world over are touting it as a super food. Yep, in the same level as superman, supergirl, and super fun guy. Okay, that last part may be kind of a joke (sorry, Sylvester), but you get what I mean.
Salmon, the Super Seafood
Considered to be a fatty fish, salmon has been hailed as one of the most nutritious food in the world. It’s a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which is the type of fat that the human body needs. You see, omega-3 fatty acids can…
- lower your risk of heart disease
- reduce inflammation, which means it lessens asthma, gout, and other joint pains
- lower your risk of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other degenerative brain diseases
- lower levels of depression, bipolar tendencies, and ADHD
In fact, some scientists call it the ultimate “brain food.” They note the fact that salmons inherently know where to go home to spawn as proof that indeed, genetically, salmons have smart genes.
Pretty amazing, right?
And other extras…
But aside from omega-3 fatty acids, the salmon is also a fount of other nutrients, such as…
- A collection of B vitamins
On top of all that healthy goodness, this fish is also considered to be a uniquely delectable meat in the culinary world. It smells less fishy than most fish and its meat is delicate but quite versatile that you can cook it in almost every way you can other meats: fried, baked, steam, grilled, or poached. In some countries, you can even serve it fresh and eaten raw.
So what are you waiting for? Try this risotto with salmon recipe today!
Risotto with Salmon recipe
- 1 shallot chopped
- 100 grams smoked salmon
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 liter fish or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 sprig of marjoram
- lemon zest grated
- 1 sprig of dill chopped
- 1 sprig of thyme chopped
- black pepper freshly ground
- Peel the shallots and finely chop. Also chop the sprigs of dill, marjoram,and thyme.
- Cut the salmon into small cubes with a good kitchen knife.
- In a bowl, mix the butter with the grated lemon zest, and the chopped dill,marjoram, and thyme herbs. Add salt to taste. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil. Add the garlic and the salmon cubes.
- Cook for about 3 minutes. Add salt to taste. Once the salmon is cooked, take out the garlic and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Then, add the chopped shallots.
- Add the rice and cook over high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the white wine, and stir. Then, add the broth gradually.
- When the rice looks almost cooked, add the previously cooked salmon. Add salt to taste. Cook until rice is well done. Remove from heat and place on a bowl.
- Add the butter mixture to the cooked rice, along with the Parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Let it stand for a few minutes and then serve.
Most seafood dishes are not only yummier, but also healthier compared to other meats. So you should totally try more seafood recipes. And another Italian seafood dish you should totally munch on is this Spaghetti Marinara.