Nonnabox.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
The calamarata pasta with bottarga, zucchini and calamari is an inviting and delicious pasta dish. Easy and quick recipe to prepare, the result is very tasty and suitable for any occasion. The delicate flavors of zucchini and calamari are enlivened by the presence of tuna bottarga, a perfect dish for a late summer dinner with friends!
The calamarata pasta with tuna bottarga, zucchini and calamari is a tasty primo, in which an already particular and inviting dry pasta format, the calamarata, is further enhanced by a tasty condiment.
The delicate flavor of zucchini and calamari, freshly sautéed in oil and garlic, is enlivened by lemon zest and the presence of a decidedly character ingredient: the tuna bottarga. Less expensive than mullet, but just as flavorful and tasty. This type of bottarga is traditional in particular in Sicily and in the south of Sardinia, famous among others is the bottarga of Carloforte.
A tip for your purchase: a fresh squid must have a lively eye and a rather visible reddish color. If they are not fresh they tend to turn yellow and should, therefore, be avoided. The calamari is not only a Mediterranean mollusk, but also very tasty and versatile. We find the squid as an ingredient in many recipes: stuffed calamari, squid ziti or calamari with potatoes and chard are just a few examples.
Calamarata pasta with tuna bottarga, zucchini and calamari
- Clean the calamari by rinsing them under running water, separate the tentacles from the head, remove them from the gladius (the cartilage slug inside the mantle), remove the innards and remove the skin by making a small incision. Remove the central tooth of the tentacles and rinse everything very well.
- Dry the calamari, cut the ring bags and let them brown for a few minutes in a pan with oil and garlic. Keep aside in the heat.
- Cut the zucchini into cubes. Sauté them in the pan where you have cooked the calamari until they are well browned.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot put water to boil, cook the pasta and drain it al dente.
- Transfer the pasta to the pan with the zucchini. Add the calamari and sauté for a couple of minutes on a high flame, combining the lemon peel and a ground pepper.
- Transfer the pasta to serving plates and finish the dish by sprinkling a generous spoonful of tuna bottarga on top. Serve hot.
Other seafood pasta recipes:
- Spaccatelle pasta recipe with tuna, artichokes, olives and capers
- Lobster ravioli
- Calamarata Pasta with zucchini, calamari and tuna bottarga