Last updated on February 27th, 2019 at 12:00 am
Seafood dishes have always been a big part of Italian cuisine, especially in the coastal areas. And one delectable seafood dish that you simply shouldn’t miss are these seared crustaceans, a.k.a. Grilled Prawns.
Easy Grilled Prawns Recipe
The secret to this recipe are the garlic, pepper, and other Italian spices, as well as the marinade. Prawn meat in itself is succulent and flavorful, but with the right ingredients, their flavor can be amazingly enhanced even more. And you’d be able to create wonderfully awesome culinary creations.
This savory seafood dish would make a great antipasto, or as a delicious secondo, especially with the right contorno.
- 500 grams large prawns
- 1.5 bulbs garlic peeled
- 3 pieces medium size red chillies
- 3 stalks flat leaf parsley
- 5-6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 piece lemon cut into 4 wedges
- salt & black pepper to taste
- bamboo skewers
- Set the oven to "broil" function and preheat to 380°F.
- Clean the prawns. Rinse and remove the veins.
- Thread prawns onto skewers, piercing first through the tail, and then the head.
- Chop garlic, chillies and parsley until fine.
- Mix the chopped ingredients with olive oil, salt and black pepper, then spread on the prawns evenly. Marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Grill the prawns for about 10 minutes, or until cooked.
- Serve with lemon wedges.