Nonnabox.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
With a large eggplant and a few common ingredients, you can make pizzas in under 30 minutes without the carb-heavy crust. Although a pizzette, or little pizza, is typically made with marinara sauce and a traditional crust, this recipe instead uses fresh tomatoes and eggplants for a summery take on this classic snack.
Craving pizza but don’t want all the extra calories? This is a unique twist on a traditional pizza. Eggplant pizzette uses eggplant as the crust and is topped with all the fresh veggies that give it a traditional pizza flavor. This can be served as a delicious appetizer, side dish, or snack. It is vegetarian and gluten-free and a great way to get your daily serving of vegetables.
By adding traditional herbs like fresh basil and oregano to the cheese and fresh tomatoes, your palate will be satisfied as if you are eating regular pizza. If you have kids, this is a simple snack that they will love, and it only takes minutes to prepare!
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On the stove, heat a griddle pan over high heat.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2-inch round slices.
- Brush the slices generously with olive oil and cook them on the griddle for 3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown.
- Place the cooked slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cut the mozzarella into chunks and the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Finely chop the garlic and tear the fresh basil into pieces.
- Assemble the pizzettes by placing a few tomatoes, some chunks of mozzarella, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and oregano on each eggplant slice.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake the pizzettes for 10 to 12 minutes or until the mozzarella melts completely.
- Serve immediately.