Full disclosure: I love food. Sometime though, life gets in the way. Actually, this happens most of the time—more than I would. Because you see, I don’t love food in the sense that I love to stuff my mouth with it all the time. I love food as an experience, because it’s probably the only moment that you can truly enjoy without stressing over other things and food is always a great conversation starter.
Now the problem is that I also have a busy schedule, which basically makes me run with that sandwich all the time, instead of just sitting down to enjoy it. It’s like I’m on sugar rush every time! So as much as I would love to cook pasta every day and eat spaghetti Bolognese, most of the time I am in such a hurry, that I just end up eating slices of cheese and salami I have in the fridge. Is it too obvious that Italian cuisine is my favorite?
But you can’t always take Italia with you to your job. Or can you? We thought about this and that’s why we came up with a solution: a creamy Italian dressing recipe. Wait, what? Just think about it—it makes perfect sense: salads are low-calorie snacks, easy and fast to prepare, and convenient to store in a plastic box and munch on it. Add Italian dressing and you’ll have a delicious meal which takes as much time to eat as to prepare.
Creamy Italian Dressing Recipe: Salad Never Tasted This Good
- Wash and dry the romaine lettuce. With a kitchen knife, chop the leaves and place them on individual plates.
- Cut the bread into cubes and toast it on a cast iron plate, until it becomes crispy and well toasted.
- Cut the Parmesan cheese into thin layers.
- Whisk the oil, the chopped onions, salt and black pepper together, adding milk in sufficient quantity to obtain a smooth cream.
- Sprinkle the lettuce with croutons and the Parmesan cheese.