Nonnabox.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
For a unique, colorful presentation to wow your guests and your taste buds, top black squid ink pasta recipe with vibrant homemade San Marzano tomato sauce. Sauteed squid adds protein and texture to this fun, flavorful dish inspired by summertime in Italian coastal towns.
Check the pasta aisle of your local grocery store or visit an Italian specialty store to find this black pasta–both dried and fresh varieties work equally well in this recipe. For another recipe with squid ink, visit our risotto with squid ink recipe.
We found some beautiful homemade dried squid ink pasta from the Amalfi Coast and made the sauce the traditional way, which makes a unique and beautiful presentation with the black linguine pasta!
Squid Ink Pasta Recipe with Seafood in San Marzano Tomatoes Sauce
- 1 pound squid ink linguine pasta dried or fresh
- 1 pound squid and tentacles fresh or frozen
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small shallots finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons salt plus 1 tablespoon for the pasta water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 12-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine preferably Pinot Grigio
- Slice the squid body into 1/4-inch rings and mix with the tentacles.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the shallots and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the squid and cook for 1 minute or until it turns light pink.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and white wine and let simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a tablespoon of salt. Cook the pasta for 3 to 4 minutes if fresh, or if dried, until al dente, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Transfer the pasta to the pan with the sauce, toss to combine, and serve immediately.