Nonnabox.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
What do you think when you hear about Pizzo Calabro? If your answer is “Did anyone say pizza?” then you need to know that Pizzo Calabro is a seaside resort in the province of Vibo Valentia (Calabria, southern Italy), famous—in terms of cuisine—for its delicious (which is an ice cream) and its long tradition of tuna fishing. Tuna fishing, as you probably know, is highly recommended by nutritionists and doctors everywhere, and the reason why can be summed up in one word: omega-3. The Omega-3 fatty acids have numerous healthy benefits, including a lowered risk of heart attacks and even depression. And what better way to do the tuna justice than to mix it up with the quintessential Italian dish: pasta.
The best part about pasta with tuna is that you don’t even have to worry about calories, as one serving has less than 400 kcal. It’s tasty and easy to make and…P.S., tuna right from its motherland Pizzo Calabro would be of course ideal, but any canned tuna will do.
Pasta aru tonnu (Pasta with tuna)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 salted anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic
- Pasta Bomb Calabria Hot Pepper Paste
- 200 g Pizzo Calabro Tuna
- 500 g spaghetti
- In a pan, put olive oil.
- Once the pan gets hot, cook the anchovies fillets with a clove of garlic and the Bomba Di Calabria pasta;
- Add a pinch of salt, then add a can of Pizzo Calabro Tuna.
- In a pot, add water and heat it until it starts boiling.
- When it boils, add the salt and put the spaghetti into the water.
- Cook the spaghetti al dente; mix it with the sauce and sprinkle it with plenty of chopped parsley.
Are you getting a healthy dose of Omega-3 too with this dish?