Nonnabox.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Easy Chocolate Pudding Recipe with Sexy Filling
- 240 g dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids
- 240 g butter
- 8 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 150 ml sugar
- 4 tsp Maizena corn flour
The sexy filling
- 150 ml hot espresso or good quality strong instant coffee
- 150 ml plain chocolate we prefer darker chocolate but for those of you with a sweet tooth use a milk chocolate.
- ground chilli A generous pinch
- Make the sexy filling by melting the chocolate in hot coffee and pouring into ice cube trays to freeze – fill the cubes until about ¾ way full, then freeze until you need them (it can easily be done a few days in advance).
- Butter 8 individual molds and set aside (or any small oven proof dishes suitable for making a pudding).
- Melt the dark chocolate and the butter, once melted remove from the heat (use any tried and tested method to melt here).
- Whisk the egg yolks and the sugar until pale and fluffy and combine this with the melted chocolate, mixing well – then sift the flour into the mixture.
- In a separate bow, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks and fold this into the chocolate mixture – set aside for about an hour (this is a great pudding to make before dinner and finish during or after the meal.)
- Spoon a little of the chocolate mixture into the molds (they need to be about 25% full) unmold the ice cubes and put one in the middle of each small pudding before pouring in more of mixture until it’s about 75% full.
- Bake at 180C for 10 – 13 minutes until the pudding rise.
- Remove and allow to rest for a few of minutes before turning them out onto a serving dish, dust with cocoa or icing sugar and serve with whipped cream or mascarpone.
Other chocolate desserts: