Nonnabox.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Easy Chocolate Pudding Recipe with Sexy Filling
This delicious dessert recipe is perfect for your romantic dinner!Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 240 g dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids
- 240 g butter
- 8 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 150 ml sugar
- 4 tsp Maizena corn flour
The sexy filling
- 150 ml hot espresso or good quality strong instant coffee
- 150 ml plain chocolate we prefer darker chocolate but for those of you with a sweet tooth use a milk chocolate.
- ground chilli A generous pinch
- Make the sexy filling by melting the chocolate in hot coffee and pouring into ice cube trays to freeze – fill the cubes until about ¾ way full, then freeze until you need them (it can easily be done a few days in advance).
- Butter 8 individual molds and set aside (or any small oven proof dishes suitable for making a pudding).
- Melt the dark chocolate and the butter, once melted remove from the heat (use any tried and tested method to melt here).
- Whisk the egg yolks and the sugar until pale and fluffy and combine this with the melted chocolate, mixing well – then sift the flour into the mixture.
- In a separate bow, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks and fold this into the chocolate mixture – set aside for about an hour (this is a great pudding to make before dinner and finish during or after the meal.)
- Spoon a little of the chocolate mixture into the molds (they need to be about 25% full) unmold the ice cubes and put one in the middle of each small pudding before pouring in more of mixture until it’s about 75% full.
- Bake at 180C for 10 – 13 minutes until the pudding rise.
- Remove and allow to rest for a few of minutes before turning them out onto a serving dish, dust with cocoa or icing sugar and serve with whipped cream or mascarpone.
Calories: 1266kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 96g | Saturated Fat: 56g | Cholesterol: 521mg | Sodium: 519mg | Potassium: 683mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 71g | Vitamin A: 2040IU | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 9.2mg
Liked this recipe?Follow us NonnaBox for more!
Other chocolate desserts: