Nonnabox.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
There’s no need to spend a fortune this time of the year and anyway, most of us have been affected by the economic downswing in some way or other, so we can’t. It is important, though, that we give ourselves some time to enjoy the company of our loved ones and even if there’s only an hour to spare late at night – make the most of it!
This short excerpt from Pablo Neruda’s* Love Sonnet XVII is so perfectly suited to Valentines day that it had to be included (do read the whole poem, it’s beautiful). He was a gifted Chilean poet, well known throughout South America,who started publishing poetry in his early 20’s. The poverty in Chile, the civil unrest in Spain and the rest of South America affected him terribly and the love poetry soon became political – for today, however, we chose this simple declaration of love:
I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you simply, without complexities or pride;
I love you because I know no other way
than this: where I do not exist, neither do you,
Here’s the recipe for the quickest chocolate mousse you ever seen!
Super Quick and Easy Chocolate Mousse
- 200 g dark chocolate 70 % cocoa solids
- 4 large free-range eggs separated
- 40 ml Cointreau
- whipped cream
- grated chocolate
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water to melt – the chocolate must not overheat.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until they form soft peaks; stir the liqueur into the beaten egg yolks and add this to the melted chocolate.
- Now pour the chocolate/egg mixture into the egg whites and gently fold together; divide evenly between four ramekins and place in the fridge to chill – serve with whipped cream and decorate as you wish.
Other chocolate recipes: