Nonnabox.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Mmmm, juicy! That’s probably the first thing that comes to mind when you think about duck. Nothing better than a few slices sprinkled with orange juice…and, to make it an Italian affair, add some risotto there as well.
You often hear about duck meat not being lean, but in fact, it does benefit your diet through various nutrients meant to strengthen your tissues. Eating risotto with orange duck will boost your protein intake. It’s considered to be a complete protein meal, meaning that every single amino acid you need can be found in the duck meat. Proteins support your immune system and help your skin have a strong, nice and healthy look and feel.
What makes this risotto with orange duck recipe stand out is the white wine, which when deglazed, adds a distinct flavor which will make the dish a must-eat-all-the-time-I-come-to-visit-you one among your friends.
Risotto with Orange Duck
- Brown the meat of minced duck in a pan with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Deglaze with the white wine, add salt and pepper and finish cooking for a few minutes.
- In a saucepan, toast the rice and sprinkle the vegetable broth.
- Add more broth, stirring constantly. Cook for about 15-20 minutes over low heat.
- Finally, add the duck and grated orange peel.
- Serve the rice adding the orange peels in tufts, the middle of the plate, and a pinch of black pepper. Add cheese to taste.
What did you think of this recipe? Would you try it again?