Nonnabox.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
The crostata is the most classic of desserts, a simple and genuine cake made with pasta frolla (shortcrust pastry) and jam. This peach crostata is simple and is made in a few steps: it takes 20 minutes of preparation and a 40-minute baking in the oven to taste all its disarming goodness!
The peach crostata tart is a classic cake, ideal for breakfast, for a snack or to accompany a tea.
Simple and genuine, it is achieved in a few simple steps. It starts from a base of excellent pasta frolla, which can also be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge or freezer; once spread and put into shape in the mold, it will only have to be filled with peach jam or other to taste.
The short pastry can be freely flavored according to your taste. Some examples? Lemon, vanilla or, to evoke Middle Eastern flavors, cardamom or tonka bean.
Crostata di pesche | Peach Crostata tart
- Prepare the pasta frolla according to the basic recipe, flavoring it with the rind of 1 grated lemon and let it rest for at least an hour.
- After this time roll out the dough on a floured surface, bringing it to a thickness of 3/16 inches. Use it to coat the bottom and edges of a non-stick tart pie measuring 9 inches in diameter.
- Remove the excess shortcrust pastry with a rolling pin, mix it again with the other dough, rewind it in the food film and place it back in the fridge.
- With the prongs of a fork puncture the dough inside the mold.
- Fill the mold with jam, leveling to obtain a uniform layer.
- Roll out the remaining short pastry to a thickness of 3/16 inches and with a serrated wheel made of strips of ⅜ inches.
- Form a grid with strips of pastry, spaced out regularly.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F
- Cook the peach jam crostata in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool on a cake rack and serve.