- 1 lb spaccatelle pasta or other medium length pasta
- 2 cans Genova Tonno (Italian tuna in olive oil) drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 pack frozen artichoke hearts defrosted and thinly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives sliced in half
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a 12-inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Then add the garlic and sauté, stirring continuously, for 1 minute.
Add the cherry tomatoes, tomato paste, and artichoke hearts and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the olives and capers and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Break the tuna into the sauce to incorporate. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Cook for one minute, turn off the heat, cover and set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente.
Drain the pasta and reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water. Transfer the pasta to the skillet and toss it in the sauce to incorporate. Add some pasta water if necessary to achieve desired consistency. Finish by adding the parsley leaves and serve hot.
Calories: 655kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 821mg | Potassium: 568mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 715IU | Vitamin C: 16.7mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 3.8mg