- 16 oz frozen artichoke hearts
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine preferably Pinot Grigio
- 16 oz block fresh mozzarella sliced
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano freshly grated
- 1 box no-boil lasagna sheets
In a large sauté pan, add the olive oil and shallot and sauté on medium high until translucent.
Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes or until fragrant stirring continuously.
Add the artichoke hearts, salt, pepper, and chili flakes, stir, and cook for 3 more minutes.
Add the parsley and white wine and cook until the wine evaporates, about 3 minutes.
Add the water and taste, adjusting the salt if necessary.
Put the lid on and turn the heat to low. Cook for 30 minutes or until the artichokes are soft and you still have enough broth to cook your lasagna.
In a 9 x 12” baking pan, spread a ladle of artichoke sauce and arrange the first layer of pasta.
Spread a second ladle of sauce on top of the pasta.
Arrange 1/3 of the mozzarella on top of the artichokes and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Cover with a little broth until all the ingredients are moist.
Repeat the steps twice, ending with a layer of Parmigiano-Reggiano and mozzarella and adding the rest of the broth to cover all of the ingredients.
Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes or until bubbling.
Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes covered with foil. Slice and serve while still hot.
Calories: 686kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 2041mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2400IU | Vitamin C: 30.2mg | Calcium: 835mg | Iron: 2mg