Last updated on February 26th, 2019 at 10:15 pm
For all the vegetarians out there—we see you and we hear you! While some of us unabashedly love meat, we understand and support vegans, and this is why we decided to give them a helping hand, with a vegan-friendly recipe, which doesn’t require more than one hour of preparation. And truth be told, it’s so delicious, that you don’t even need to be a vegan to enjoy it!
This risotto with peas (or risotto ai piselli) dish has healthy written all over it, with less than 300 kcal per serving, and with ingredients you won’t have to desperately look for in the most hidden corners of your local supermarket.
- Prepare the vegetable broth with carrot, onion and celery and two leaves of well cleaned laurel, add 1 liter of water and boil for about 20 minutes, and keep it warm for the risotto cooking.
- Brown the finely chopped onion in a pan with extra virgin olive oil and a bit of butter and add the peas. Cook over medium heat for about fifteen minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the rice and let it toast to absorb the sauce, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Deglaze with the wine and when it has evaporated, begin adding the broth, ladle by ladle continuing to stir gently and continuously, allowing to dry each time before adding more.
- When cooked, adjust the salt and stir in the Parmesan and the remaining butter, allow to stand and serve.
What do you think of this dish? Was it an instant hit with your friends and family?