Nonnabox.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Risotto with asparagus
The risotto with asparagus is a tasty risotto served as a first course, where rice has well expressed in the unique flavor of asparagus. The asparagus risotto is a dish of spring, when the asparagus is the height of their flavor and we find them fresh and good value.Print Pin Rate
- 250 g of asparagus
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 160 g of rice
- 20 g of Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- Wash asparagus thoroughly under running water, remove the white part of the stem, scraping with a knife not too sharp, make sure not to touch the tips.
- Cut the ends and slice the remaining tender part of the stem in a thickness of 4-5 mm .
- Heat the broth.
- Place in a soup pot, place some oil and add the minced shallot and take cook it on fire. Do it with a few tablespoons of broth and a pinch of salt, then add the asparagus and let it cook for a few minutes on high heat, constantly stirring .
- Add a ladle of broth , a pinch of salt and cook over low heat, covered, for 5 minutes .
- After the indicated time uncover the pot, raise the heat and dry the excess liquid . The set aside the asparagus tips.
- Add the rice and toast it a minute and stir constantly.
- Combine 4-5 ladles of hot broth and set the timer according to the minutes of cooking the type of rice you are using (usually 15-18 minutes ) .
- Continue adding the broth as it is absorbed, stir occasionally , without letting the mixture become dry.
- minutes before the rice is cooked, add the asparagus tips.
- Turn off the heat, add the Parmesan cheese, stir well and cover it for a few minutes before serving .
Liked this recipe?Follow us NonnaBox for more!