Nonnabox.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
- 200 grams of white cabbage
- 60 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 50 grams of almonds peeled
- 50 grams of walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon of Romano cheese grated
- 350 grams of Carnaroli rice
- 50 grams of shallot
- 2 teaspoons of mustard seeds
- 1.7 liters of vegetable broth
- 250 ml of bechamel sauce
- 50 grams of Montasio cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of chives
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 pinch of black pepper beans
- For the pesto: clean the cabbage leaves by removing the central vein, cook it in a steamer then fry in oil. Add the almonds, walnuts and salt. Mix it then add more oil and Parmesan cheese. The amount of oil varies depending on the consistency you want to obtain.
- For the risotto: slice the shallots thinly and let them fry in a pan with a little oil and a spoon or two of butter. Combine two teaspoons of mustard seeds and wait for two minutes; mustard seeds will add flavor to the rice. Toast the rice, add the vegetable broth a little bit at a time until it absorbs. Stir and turn off the heat.
- For the cheese sauce, pour a generous amount of bechamel sauce in a pan. Quickly add the egg yolk and stir. Add the Montasio cheese, and, when completely blended, add the chives, thyme leaves and sprinkle some black pepper.
- Lay the cheese sauce in a pasta bowl and top it with the risotto with kale pesto.
Liked this recipe?Follow us NonnaBox for more!