If you are looking for a soup recipe different than the most traditional Italian minestrone, then this recipe is right for you.
Minestrone alla Napoletana
Print Pin Rate
A very healthy soup made with fresh vegetables perfect for the winter.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 75 g pancetta
- ½ onion
- ½ carrot
- ½ garlic clove
- 3 large tomatoes peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 potatoes diced
- 2 extra virgin olive oil generous spoons
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley chopped
- 100 g shelled broad beans
- 2 zucchini courgettes sliced
- 100 g shelled peas
- ¼ cabbage coarsely shredded
- 1 escarole head cut into strips
- 2 aubergines diced
- 2 liter water
- 100 g cannolicchi pasta
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- provolone cheese freshly grated
- Crusty bread to serve
- Place the pepperoni under a pre-heated grill and cook, turning frequently until the skin is charred and blistered, then place in a plastic bag and tie the top – as soon as it is cool enough to handle, peel off the skin, halve and seed the pepper and dice the flesh.
- Finely chop the pancetta with the onion, carrot and garlic, heat the oil and add the pancetta mixture to cook over a low heat or a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes before pouring in 2 litres of water and seasoning with salt and pepper – bring to the boil, add the potatoes and beans and simmer this for an hour.
- Add the zucchini (courgettes), peas, cabbage, escarole, aubergines and the pepperoni and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Now add the pasta and cook for about 10 minutes until just al dente, check and correct the seasoning, pour into a soup tureen, sprinkle with basil and serve with plenty of provolone, crusty bread and little excellent olive oil for those that would like a little swirl.
remember that the pasta will continue to cook while you check the seasoning and put the soup into the tureen – by the time it gets to the table it will be perfect.
Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 2257mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 5230IU | Vitamin C: 144.3mg | Calcium: 214mg | Iron: 7.4mg
Liked this recipe?Follow us @NonnaBox for more!