Last updated on September 18th, 2018 at 08:30 am
The holidays are here and we couldn’t be hungrier for some traditional, festive Italian holiday dishes. Rather than just any Italian dishes, we’ve rounded up popular holiday recipes from each of Italy’s regions.
1. Cotechino e Lenticchie from Emilia Romagna
Enjoy lentils and cotechino sausage around the Holidays. Follow this simple recipe, but give yourself lots of prep time!
2. Tortelli di Zucca from Lombardia
Ahhh…fresh butternut squash or pumpkin filling. Get the recipe!
3. Pandolce from Liguria
The classic nut & fruit cake that carries the traditions of Liguria. Check out the recipe here!
4. Cappelletti in brodo di cappone from Umbria
Warm broth keeping your cappelletti pasta warm for the holidays. Recipe here.
5. Struffoli from Campania
Make these dough balls adorned in sprinkles and candied fruits! Here you can find the struffoli recipe.
6. Minestra di cardi from Abruzzo
Include cardoons in your Christmas Day soup cooked in a rich chicken broth! Check it out.
7. Baccalà Con Peperoni Cruschi from Basilicata
Feast on dried and salted cod cooked in peppers. Here’s the recipe!
8. Torta gianduia from Piedmont
A chocolate lover’s delight! Made with hazelnuts and topped with Nutella spread. Get the recipe here.
9. Crostini di Fegatini from Tuscany
The perfect appetizer! Get the recipe.
10. Vincisgrassi Lasagne from Marche
This isn’t just any lasagne, it’s Le Marche’s lasagne. Here’s the recipe!
11. Pangiallo laziale from Lazio
Crunchy and sweet. Check out this tasty Christmas treat. Get the recipe.
12. Maccarun ch’I hiucc from Molise
Pasta covered in cauliflower, garlic, and peperoncino. Yummm! Check it out.
13. Cartellate Pugliesi from Puglia
These tasty fritters are filled with dried fig syrup. A holiday staple. Recipe here!
14. Gueffus from Sardinia
*Gasp* Almond holiday candies? Make them here.
15. Sarde a beccafico from Sicily
Enjoy your sardines stuffed, rolled and baked. Read the recipe here.
16. Zuppa Valdostana from Valle D’Aosta
Warm soup! Pass a bowl, please. Recipe here.
17. Pandoro di Verona from Veneto
Nothing quite says the holidays like a cake! Get the recipe.
18. Brovada E Muset from Friuli Venezia Giulia
You gotta taste these flavors. Here’s the recipe.
19. Cullurielli from Calabria
Fried potato donuts? Yes, please. Get the recipe here.
20. Canederli from Trentino Alto Adige
Feast on bread dumplings this holiday season. Try it here.
Want to learn more regional Italian recipes? Sign up in the form below or check out our regional Italian boxes here.